CS/HB 6515: Relief/Estate of Herminio Padilla, Jr./the City of West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, the City of Lake Worth, the City of Riviera Beach, and the Town of Palm Beach
CLAIMS/LOCAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Fernandez-Barquin
Relief/Estate of Herminio Padilla, Jr./the City of West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, the City of Lake Worth, the City of Riviera Beach, and the Town of Palm Beach; Provides for appropriation to compensate estate of Herminio Padilla, Jr., for injuries & damages sustained as result of alleged negligence of City of West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, City of Lake Worth, City of Riviera Beach, & Town of Palm Beach; provides limitation on payment of attorney fees, lobbying fees, & costs. CLAIM: $100,000
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 271
• Introduced -HJ 271
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/25/19, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 522
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 517
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 536
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 584
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 584
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 712
• Read 3rd time -HJ 712
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 2 -HJ 712
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 399
• Received -SJ 399
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 618
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 200 -SJ 618
• Read 2nd time -SJ 618
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 676
• CS passed; YEAS 30 NAYS 2 -SJ 676
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1131
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-186
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.