CS/HB 67: Police, Fire, and Search and Rescue Canines and Police Horses
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Tomkow ; Byrd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Bell ; Caruso ; Cortes ; Eskamani ; Fischer ; Gottlieb ; Grieco ; Killebrew ; Latvala ; Leek ; Rodriguez, A. ; Sabatini ; Sirois
Police, Fire, and Search and Rescue Canines and Police Horses; Expands definitions of "police canine" & "SAR canine" to include any canine that is owned, or service of which is employed, by correctional agency; increases penalty for intentionally & knowingly causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or death to, or using deadly weapon upon, police canines or horses, fire canines, or SAR canines.
Last Action: 4/10/2019 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 96 (Ch. 2019-9) -HJ 602
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/06/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 296
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 296
• Introduced -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/07/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 363
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/21/19, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 489
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 483
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 496
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 96 -HJ 602
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 96 (Ch. 2019-9) -HJ 602
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.