CS/HB 961: Health Innovation Commission
GENERAL BILL by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee ; Fine
Health Innovation Commission; Creates Health Innovation Commission within AHCA; provides purpose, membership, meetings, & duties of commission; provides requirements for innovative proposals & requests for exemptions from specified laws or rules; requires commission to review such proposals & provide its findings & decision to applicant within specified timeframe; requires AHCA to submit annual report to Governor & Legislature by specified date; provides rulemaking; authorizes positions & provides appropriations. APPROPRIATION: $181,738
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Bill Text: PDF
- Innovation, Industry, and Technology (IT)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Market Reform Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 97
• Introduced -HJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Health Market Reform Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 12:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Health Market Reform Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -HJ 426
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 426
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -HJ 537
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 533
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 551
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 9 NAYS 5 -HJ 567
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 567
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 722
• Amendment(s) adopted (645807, 765131) -HJ 722, 723
• Read 3rd time -HJ 723
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 72 NAYS 41 -HJ 723
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Health Policy; Appropriations -SJ 464
• Received -SJ 464
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.