SB 1002: Subpoenas
GENERAL BILL by Rodriguez
Subpoenas; Revising the definition of “properly served”; authorizing an applicant to petition a court to compel compliance with a subpoena; authorizing a court to address noncompliance as indirect criminal contempt and impose a daily fine for a specified amount of time, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 103 -SJ 574
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 75
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/15/20, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 75
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 153
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 01/28/20, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 216
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20 -SJ 653
• Read 2nd time -SJ 574
• Substituted CS/HB 103 -SJ 574
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 103 -SJ 574
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.