CS/HB 101: Public Construction
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Andrade ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fernandez-Barquin ; Grieco ; Overdorf ; Sabatini
Public Construction; Revises amounts of retainage that local governmental entities & contractors may withhold from progress payments for construction services contract; revises requirements for DMS rules governing certain contracts; revises amounts of retainage that public entities & contractors may withhold from progress payments for construction services contract.
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 11/06/19, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 285
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 285
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 12/12/19, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 316
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/16/20, 2:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 14
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 395
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 383
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/22/20
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 379
• Read 2nd time -HJ 416
• Read 3rd time -HJ 416
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 1 -HJ 416
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 253
• Received -SJ 253
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 246 -SJ 324
• Read 2nd time -SJ 324
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 338
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 338
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 718
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-173
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.