CS/HB 1085: Veterans Treatment Court
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Ponder ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Donalds ; Eagle ; Fetterhoff ; Fine ; Fischer ; McClain
Veterans Treatment Court; Authorizes creation & administration of veterans treatment courts; provides eligibility criteria; specifies program implementation procedures, components, & policies; requires participant agreements & specifying requirements for such agreements; removes provisions addressing Military Veterans & Servicemembers Court Program; provides for eligibility for certain pretrial intervention programs.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Military and Veterans Affairs and Space
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 94
• Introduced -HJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 471
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 471
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 550
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 607
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 602
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 627
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 863
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 954
• CS passed; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 954
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 559
• Received -SJ 559
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Military and Veterans Affairs and Space
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.