CS/HB 1087: Domestic Violence Services
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Fernandez-Barquin ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bush ; Eskamani ; Fine ; Good ; Leek ; McGhee ; Plakon ; Slosberg ; Williams
Domestic Violence Services; Revises duties of DCF in relation to domestic violence program; removes duties & functions of Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence with respect to domestic violence; revises requirements of domestic violence centers; removes coalition from capital improvement grant program process.
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 95
• Introduced -HJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/22/20, 9:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 433
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 419
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 432
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 432
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 01/30/20, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 478
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 478
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/06/20, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 527
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 527
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/19/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 591
• Amendment(s) adopted (680903) -HJ 591
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 616
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 617
• Immediately certified -HJ 617
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 355
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 340
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1482 -SJ 341
• Received -SJ 355
• Read 2nd time -SJ 340
• Read 3rd time -SJ 341
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 341
• Immediately certified -SJ 346
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 663
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 723
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-6
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.