CS/SB 1398: Community Planning
Community Planning; Providing requirements for establishing a quorum for meetings of certain councils when a voting member appears via telephone, real-time videoconferencing, or similar real-time electronic or video communication; requiring the member to give notice of intent to appear via telephone, real-time videoconferencing, or similar real-time electronic or video communication by a specified time; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to give a preference to certain counties and municipalities when selecting applications for funding for technical assistance, etc.
Last Action: 3/12/2020 Senate - Ordered enrolled -SJ 846
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/21/20, 4:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/03/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 229
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/12/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 307
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 309
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20 -SJ 346
• Read 2nd time -SJ 340
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 370
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 370, 371
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1008
• Received -HJ 1008
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1069
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1125
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 1125
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 846
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.