CS/SB 1510: Jurisdiction of Courts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry
Jurisdiction of Courts; Limiting the appellate jurisdiction of the circuit courts to appeals from final administrative orders of local code enforcement boards and other reviews and appeals expressly provided by law; authorizing a county court to certify a question to a district court of appeal in a final judgment that is appealable to a circuit court; authorizing a district court of appeal to review certain questions certified by a county court, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1392 (Ch. 2020-61)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/21/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 199
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/13/20, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/18/20, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1392 (Ch. 2020-61)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.