CS/CS/SB 1696: Student Athletes
Student Athletes; Citing this act as the “Zachary Martin Act”; revising requirements for the availability of automated external defibrillators on school grounds; delaying implementation of a requirement that certain school employees and volunteers complete specified training; requiring that a medical evaluation be performed before a student begins conditioning; applying requirements related to medical evaluations to activities occurring outside the school year, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7011 -SJ 402
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 166
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/27/20, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 166
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 223
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/19/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 361
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/20
• Read 2nd time -SJ 402
• Substituted CS/HB 7011 -SJ 402
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7011 -SJ 402
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.