SR 1704: Taiwan
Taiwan; Encouraging the enhancement of the sister-state relationship and bilateral economic and cultural ties between Florida and the Republic of China, also known as Taiwan, and reaffirming and maintaining the commitment of the State of Florida to its strong and deepening relationship with the Republic of China, as the two embrace the same fundamental values of freedom, democracy, and the protection of human rights, etc.
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 167
• Introduced -SJ 167
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/04/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/12/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 306
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/19/20 -SJ 324
• Read 2nd time -SJ 319
• Adopted -SJ 320
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.