CS/CS/HB 253: Elder Abuse Fatality Review Teams
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Driskell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes ; Joseph ; Polo ; Polsky ; Watson, B.
Elder Abuse Fatality Review Teams; Authorizes state attorney, or his or her designee, to initiate elder abuse fatality review team in his or her judicial circuit to review deaths of elderly persons; provides for membership, operations, meetings, & duties of review teams; provides reporting requirements; provides immunity from monetary liability under certain conditions.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 House - Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) SB 400 passed -HJ 995
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 11/07/19, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 290
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 383
• Introduced -HJ 25
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 278
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 01/22/20, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 422
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 422
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 628
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 623
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) SB 400 passed -HJ 995
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.