CS/SB 344: Courts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bradley
Courts; Specifying that certain exemptions from court-related fees and charges apply to certain entities; requiring the court to waive any court costs or filing fees for certain proceedings involving public guardians; providing that certain examinations may be performed and reports prepared by a physician assistant or an advanced practice registered nurse under certain circumstances, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/05/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 12/10/19, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 27
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/19/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20 -SJ 346
• Read 2nd time -SJ 341
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 372
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 372
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 997
• Received -HJ 997
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1041
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1082
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 1082
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 725
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-73
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.