CS/SB 356: Keep Our Graduates Working Act
GENERAL BILL by Innovation, Industry, and Technology ; Hutson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz ; Berman ; Perry
Keep Our Graduates Working Act; Creating the "Keep Our Graduates Working Act of 2020"; prohibiting a state authority from suspending or revoking a person’s professional license, certificate, registration, or permit solely on the basis of a delinquency or default in the payment of his or her student loan, etc.
Last Action: 2/6/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 115 (Ch. 2020-125), CS/CS/CS/HB 713 (Ch. 2020-133), CS/HB 1193 (Ch. 2020-160) -SJ 239
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Innovation, Industry, and Technology (IT)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 11/12/19, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 12/09/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 134
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/15/20, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 27
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology read 1st time -SJ 123
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/29/20 -SJ 213
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 213
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 228
• Read 2nd time -SJ 239
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 115 -SJ 239
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 115 (Ch. 2020-125), CS/CS/CS/HB 713 (Ch. 2020-133), CS/HB 1193 (Ch. 2020-160) -SJ 239
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.