CS/SB 66: Student Loans and Scholarship Obligations of Health Care Practitioners
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Cruz
Student Loans and Scholarship Obligations of Health Care Practitioners; Establishing that a health care practitioner’s failure to repay a student loan or to comply with service scholarship obligations does not constitute grounds for disciplinary action; removing a civil fine; removing the requirement that the Department of Health investigate and prosecute health care practitioners for failing to repay a student loan or to comply with scholarship service obligations; removing the requirement, and related provisions, that the department immediately suspend the licenses of certain health care practitioners for failing to provide within a specified timeframe proof of new payment terms for student loans in default, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 115 (Ch. 2020-125), CS/CS/CS/HB 713 (Ch. 2020-133), CS/HB 1193 (Ch. 2020-160)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 9
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/05/19, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• Introduced -SJ 9
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 120
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 115 (Ch. 2020-125), CS/CS/CS/HB 713 (Ch. 2020-133), CS/HB 1193 (Ch. 2020-160)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.