SB 374: Housing Discrimination
GENERAL BILL by Rouson
Housing Discrimination; Providing that discriminatory restrictions are unlawful, unenforceable, and declared null and void; removing housing discrimination as a cause of action for certain relief and damages stemming from violations of the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992; revising the conditions under which an aggrieved person may commence a civil action in any appropriate court against a specified respondent to enforce specified rights; authorizing, rather than requiring, a civil action to commence within a specified period after an alleged discriminatory housing practice, etc.
Last Action: 3/12/2020 Senate - Ordered enrolled -SJ 845
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/05/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/09/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/05/20, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Read 2nd time -SJ 487
• Amendment(s) adopted (270070) -SJ 487
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 488
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 532
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 532, 533
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 998
• Received -HJ 998
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1069
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1124
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1125
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 845
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.