CS/SB 4: Relief of Dontrell Stephens by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
CLAIM/LOCAL by Judiciary ; Flores
Relief of Dontrell Stephens by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office; Providing for the relief of Dontrell Stephens through Evett L. Simmons, as guardian of his property, by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office; providing for an appropriation to compensate him for personal injuries and damages sustained as the result of the negligence of a deputy of the office; providing a limitation on the payment of compensation, fees, and costs, etc. CLAIM: $4,500,000
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 6501 (Ch. 2020-201) -SJ 585
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 6
• Introduced -SJ 6
• Withdrawn from Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 227
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/11/20, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/19/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 353
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 347
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -SJ 411
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 585
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 6501 -SJ 585
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 6501 (Ch. 2020-201) -SJ 585
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.