CS/CS/SB 406: Public Records/Minor’s Petition to Waive Consent/Abortion
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Health Policy ; Stargel
Public Records/Minor’s Petition to Waive Consent/Abortion; Providing a public records exemption for information that could identify a minor which is contained in a record held by the court relating to the minor’s petition to waive consent requirements to obtain an abortion; providing for future legislative review and repeal under the Open Government Sunset Review Act; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 7/1/2020 - Chapter No. 2020-148, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 404 (Ch. 2020-147)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/12/19, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 12/10/19, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/13/20, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 32
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 125
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/22/20, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 7 -SJ 191
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 193
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/29/20 -SJ 213
• Read 2nd time -SJ 213
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 237
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 1 -SJ 238
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 565
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/19/20
• Received -HJ 565
• Substituted for HB 267 -HJ 599
• Read 2nd time -HJ 599
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 618
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 3 -HJ 618
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 355
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-148, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 404 (Ch. 2020-147)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.