CS/CS/HB 495: Business Organizations
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Robinson
Business Organizations; Specifies that certain documents accepted by DOS for filing are effective on date records are accepted by department; authorizes DOS to direct certain interrogatories to certain corporations; authorizes DOS to bring certain actions; authorizes board of directors to appoint persons to serve on certain committees; authorizes a corporation to create or authorize creation of advisory committees.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 838 (Ch. 2020-32) -HJ 995
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 12/12/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 325
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 383
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 9:30 am, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 41
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 280
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/23/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 444
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 443
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 442
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 838 (Ch. 2020-32) -HJ 995
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.