CS/SB 660: Uniform Commercial Real Estate Receivership Act
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Berman
Uniform Commercial Real Estate Receivership Act; Designating chapter 714, F.S., as the Uniform Commercial Real Estate Receivership Act; specifying that a court has exclusive jurisdiction to direct receivers and determine controversies under certain circumstances; providing requirements and authorizations relating to the appointment of a receiver; providing for defenses and immunities of a receiver; authorizing the court to enter certain orders if the court concludes that receivership property is likely to be insufficient to satisfy certain claims; requiring a receiver to file a final report containing certain information upon completion of the receiver’s duties, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 783 (Ch. 2020-106) -SJ 593
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 12/10/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 131
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• Introduced -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/04/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 245
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 592
• Substituted CS/HB 783 -SJ 593
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 783 (Ch. 2020-106) -SJ 593
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.