CS/CS/SB 70: Alert Systems in Public Schools
Alert Systems in Public Schools; Citing this act as "Alyssa’s Law"; requiring each public school to implement a mobile panic alert system for specified purposes beginning in a specified school year; authorizing public school districts to implement additional strategies and systems for specified purposes; requiring the Department of Education to issue a competitive solicitation to contract for a mobile panic alert system, subject to appropriation, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 653
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 01/13/20, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 155
• Introduced -SJ 10
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/18/20, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/25/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 357
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Read 2nd time -SJ 424
• Amendment(s) adopted (658434) -SJ 424
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 424
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 485
• Amendment(s) adopted (530484) -SJ 485
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 485
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 808
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20
• Received -HJ 808
• Read 2nd time -HJ 990
• Amendment(s) adopted (886033) -HJ 990, 991
• Read 3rd time -HJ 991
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 991
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (886033) -SJ 653
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 653
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 653
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.