HB 7025: Guardianship
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Fetterhoff
Guardianship; Removes requirement that executive director of Office of Public & Professional Guardians be member of The Florida Bar; revises responsibilities of the executive director; revises continuing education requirements for guardians; requires professional guardians to submit to & maintain with office specified information; revises office's disciplinary procedures; authorizes guardians to satisfy certain education requirements through courses offered by office; removes court's ability to waive education requirements for guardians; requires clerks of court to notify office of any sanctions imposed on professional guardians.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 377
• Referred to Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 410
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 551
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 608
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 608
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 715
• Amendment(s) failed (022831) -HJ 715
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 741
• Passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 741
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 477
• Received -SJ 477
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.