HB 7049: International Affairs
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee ; Trumbull
International Affairs; Requiring the Secretary of State to serve as the state protocol officer; requiring that certain organizations provide notice of international travel to the Department of State, rather than the Department of Economic Opportunity; authorizing the Department of State to support the establishment of citizen support organizations for certain purposes; prohibiting the department from allowing a citizen support organization to use certain services, property, or facilities if the organization does not provide equal membership and employment opportunities, etc.
Last Action: 6/24/2020 - Chapter No. 2020-93, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2020-111)
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 445
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 462
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/05/20, 10:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 517
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 517
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/12/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 543
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 561
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 561
• Immediately certified -HJ 564
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 315
• Received -SJ 315
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Rules (130920); YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 411
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/20 -SJ 724
• Read 2nd time -SJ 703
• Amendment(s) adopted (130920) -SJ 703
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 732
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 732
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (130920) -HJ 1152
• Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1152
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1152
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-93, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2020-111)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.