CS/CS/HB 731: Agency for Health Care Administration
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Market Reform Subcommittee ; Perez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fernandez-Barquin
Agency for Health Care Administration; Revises certain duties of AHCA relating to reporting, oversight, licensure inspections, issuance of licenses, & Medicaid fraud investigations; removes annual assessment on health care entities; removes provisions relating to multiphasic testing centers.
Last Action: 7/1/2020 - Chapter No. 2020-156, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 713 (Ch. 2020-133)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Market Reform Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 60
• Introduced -HJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Health Market Reform Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 8:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Health Market Reform Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 528
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 525
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 525
• CS by Health Market Reform Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 522
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/18/20, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 3 -HJ 606
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 606
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 694
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 686
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 897
• Amendment(s) adopted (399477, 455657) -HJ 897
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 972
• Amendment(s) adopted (138983) -HJ 973
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 90 NAYS 20 -HJ 973
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 656
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 586
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1726 -SJ 587
• Received -SJ 655
• Read 2nd time -SJ 586
• Amendment(s) adopted (419896) -SJ 587
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 673
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 674
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (419896) -HJ 1148
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 100 NAYS 14 -HJ 1149
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1149
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-156, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 713 (Ch. 2020-133)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.