CS/SB 82: Individuals with Disabilities
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Bean
Individuals with Disabilities; Requiring persons and entities under contract with the Agency for Persons with Disabilities to use the agency data management systems to bill for services; revising criteria used by the agency to develop a client’s iBudget; requiring the Agency for Health Care Administration to seek federal approval to provide consumer-directed options; providing an exemption from a certificate-of-need requirement for certain intermediate care facilities, etc.
Last Action: 6/24/2020 - Chapter No. 2020-71, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1344 (Ch. 2020-60)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/15/20, 10:30 am, 301 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 11
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 153
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 01/28/20, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 230
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/05/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/06/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 357
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Read 2nd time -SJ 490, 504
• Amendment(s) adopted (401842) -SJ 490
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 505
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 538
• Amendment(s) adopted (697470) -SJ 538
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 538
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 996
• Received -HJ 996
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1040
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1080
• CS passed; YEAS 78 NAYS 37 -HJ 1080
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 724
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-71, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1344 (Ch. 2020-60)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.