CS/SB 884: Law Enforcement and Correctional Officers
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Hooper ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry
Law Enforcement and Correctional Officers; Specifying that an allegation or complaint of misconduct against a law enforcement officer or a correctional officer may originate from any source; authorizing law enforcement and correctional agencies to request a separate agency to conduct an investigation of a complaint under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 573 (Ch. 2020-104)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 67
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 153
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/18/20, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 375
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Read 2nd time -SJ 487
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 531
• Amendment(s) adopted (613272) -SJ 532
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 532
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 573 (Ch. 2020-104)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.