CS/CS/SB 888: Public Nuisances
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Community Affairs ; Perry
Public Nuisances; Revising notice requirements for the filing of temporary injunctions relating to the enjoinment of certain nuisances; declaring that the use of a location by a criminal gang, criminal gang members, or criminal gang associates for criminal gang-related activity is a public nuisance; declaring that any place or premises that has been used on more than two occasions during a certain period as the site of any combination of specified violations may be declared to be a nuisance and may be abated pursuant to specified procedures, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 625 -SJ 585
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 68
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 153
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/03/20, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 375
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 584
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 625 -SJ 585
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 625 -SJ 585
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.