CS/HB 1313: Digital Driver Licenses and Identification Cards
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; LaMarca ; Toledo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Leek ; McClain
Digital Driver Licenses and Identification Cards; Requires DHSMV to establish secure & uniform system for issuing optional digital proofs of driver licenses & identification cards; authorizes DHSMV to contract with one or more private entities to develop electronic credentialing system & other purposes; prohibits private entities from storing, selling, or sharing personal information collected from scanning digital proofs of driver licenses & identification cards.
Last Action: 7/6/2021 - Chapter No. 2021-235; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1315 (Ch. 2021-236)
Bill Text: PDF
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Referred to Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee
• Referred to Infrastructure & Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to Commerce Committee
• Now in Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee
• Added to Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee
• Reported out of Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee
• Now in Infrastructure & Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
• Added to Infrastructure & Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Infrastructure & Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
• Reported out of Infrastructure & Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
• Now in Commerce Committee
• Added to Commerce Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Commerce Committee
• Reported out of Commerce Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/20/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Amendment 095657 filed
• Read 3rd time
• Amendment 095657 adopted
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 570
• Received -SJ 570
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 619
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1324 -SJ 620
• Read 2nd time -SJ 619
• Read 3rd time -SJ 620
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 620
• In Messages
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-235; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1315 (Ch. 2021-236)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.