CS/SB 1934: Health Care Practitioner Discipline
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Book ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Taddeo
Health Care Practitioner Discipline; Subjecting health care practitioners to disciplinary action for specified offenses; revising provisions relating to immediate suspension of licensure to apply to all health care practitioners; requiring the Department of Health to issue emergency orders to suspend health care practitioners’ licenses if they enter a criminal plea to, or are convicted or found guilty of, a felony relating to homicide or are arrested for committing or attempting, soliciting, or conspiring to commit acts that would constitute violations of specified criminal offenses, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Policy; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 216
• Introduced -SJ 216
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/17/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/23/21, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/16/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 486
• Read 2nd time -SJ 527
• Read 3rd time -SJ 527
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 527
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 746
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-190
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.