CS/SB 400: Public Records
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Rodrigues
Public Records; Prohibiting an agency that receives a request to inspect or copy a record from responding to such request by filing an action for declaratory relief against the requester, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/27/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced -SJ 64
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 170
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 247
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 378
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/21 -SJ 465
• Read 2nd time -SJ 464
• Read 3rd time -SJ 464
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 464
• Immediately certified -SJ 465
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/23/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 913
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 723
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-173
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.