CS/HB 7019: Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Environment, Agriculture and Flooding Subcommittee ; Busatta Cabrera ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Bartleman ; Botana ; Brown ; Buchanan ; Chambliss ; Chaney ; Duran ; Fernandez-Barquin ; Hunschofsky ; Joseph ; LaMarca ; Leek ; Massullo ; McFarland ; Morales ; Snyder ; Stevenson ; Toledo ; Woodson
Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience; Establishes Resilient Florida Grant Program within DEP to fund costs of community resilience planning; requires DEP to complete data set & assessment, develop annual Statewide Flooding & Sea Level Rise Resilience Plan & submit plan to Governor & Legislature; authorizes local governments, WMDs, & flood control districts to annually submit proposed projects to DEP; authorizes DEP to provide funding to regional resilience entities, subject to appropriation; establishes Florida Flood Hub for Applied Research & Innovation; requires Hub to annually submit report to Governor & Legislature; requires OEDR to include flood control information in assessments.
Last Action: 4/8/2021 House - Laid on Table; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1954 (Ch. 2021-28), SB 2512 (Ch. 2021-39), SB 2514 (Ch. 2021-29)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to State Affairs Committee
• Now in Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee
• Added to Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee agenda
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Favorable by Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee
• Reported out of Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee
• Now in State Affairs Committee
• PCS added to State Affairs Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by State Affairs Committee
• Reported out of State Affairs Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/7/2021)
• Amendment 626709 filed
• Amendment 541943 filed
• Amendment 626709 withdrawn
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 541943 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 1954
• Laid on Table; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1954 (Ch. 2021-28), SB 2512 (Ch. 2021-39), SB 2514 (Ch. 2021-29)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.