SB 918: Education
Education; Requiring school districts to allocate a certain amount of specified funds to certain programs that prepare prospective students to enroll in Advanced International Certificate of Education courses; requiring such funds to be spent on specified costs; requiring school districts to distribute specified bonuses to certain classroom teachers providing International General Certificate of Secondary Education instruction, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 827 -SJ 601
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/02/21, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 103
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/08/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 465
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 601
• Substituted HB 827 -SJ 601
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 827 -SJ 601
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.