CS/SB 1002: Florida Citrus
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Burgess
Florida Citrus; Citing this act as the "Citrus Recovery Act"; revising the membership of the Florida Citrus Commission; increasing the number of citrus districts in this state and revising the counties that comprise each district; requiring certain entities to provide reports on citrus production research to the commission at specified intervals and upon request of the commission; requiring that new varieties of citrus fruit produced from research or studies funded by state funds be made exclusively available for licensing and commercialization to the Department of Citrus or its designee for a specified timeframe, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1097 (Ch. 2022-117) -SJ 513
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Agriculture (AG)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Agriculture; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 01/13/22, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 67
• Favorable by Agriculture; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 114
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/02/22, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/10/22, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 348
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/22 -SJ 426
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 513
• Substituted CS/HB 1097 -SJ 513
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1097 (Ch. 2022-117) -SJ 513
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.