HB 1509: Private Investigative and Security Services
GENERAL BILL by Byrd ; Gregory
Private Investigative and Security Services; Revises eligibility requirements for certain licensees to carry firearms.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 House - Died in Commerce Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Referred to Regulatory Reform Subcommittee
• Referred to Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Referred to Commerce Committee
• Now in Regulatory Reform Subcommittee
• Added to Regulatory Reform Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Regulatory Reform Subcommittee
• Reported out of Regulatory Reform Subcommittee
• Now in Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Added to Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Reported out of Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Now in Commerce Committee
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Commerce Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.