CS/SB 1680: Financial Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Gruters
Financial Institutions; Providing that the failure of foreign nationals to participate through video conference in certain hearings is grounds for denial of certain applications; revising the circumstances under which the Office of Financial Regulation is required to conduct certain examinations; revising the entities that may acquire liabilities and assets, and the liabilities and assets that may be acquired, according to certain procedures, conditions, and limitations; requiring the office, upon receiving applications for authority to organize a bank or trust company, to investigate the need for a target market and the ability of the primary service area or target market to support proposed and existing bank or trust facilities, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 144
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/18/22, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 144
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/27/22, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/10/22, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/22 -SJ 426
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 380
• Read 2nd time -SJ 422
• Read 3rd time -SJ 422
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 422
• Immediately certified -SJ 426
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 431
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 112, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 696
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-178
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.