CS/SB 620: Local Business Protection Act
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Hutson
Local Business Protection Act; Citing this act as the "Local Business Protection Act"; authorizing certain businesses to claim business damages from a county or municipality if the county or municipality enacts or amends certain ordinances or charter provisions; limiting the amount of business damages that may be recovered; specifying ordinances and charter provisions that do not result in liability for business damages; requiring businesses and counties or municipalities to follow certain presuit procedures before businesses file an action for business damages, etc.
Last Action: 6/24/2022 - Vetoed by Governor
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules; Appropriations -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/30/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -SJ 95
• Now in Rules
• Original reference(s)- removed: Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 94
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/20/22, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 7 -SJ 219
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/27/22 -SJ 236
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 221
• Read 2nd time -SJ 229
• Amendment(s) adopted (507868, 609228) -SJ 231
• Read 3rd time -SJ 231
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 22 NAYS 14 -SJ 231
• Immediately certified -SJ 236
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 199089 Failed
• Amendment 773345 Failed
• Amendment 521123 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 69, NAYS 45
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 761
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.