CS/SB 74: Relief of Harry Augustin Shumow/Public Health Trust of Miami-Dade County, d/b/a Jackson Memorial Hospital
CLAIM/LOCAL by Judiciary ; Rodriguez
Relief of Harry Augustin Shumow/Public Health Trust of Miami-Dade County, d/b/a Jackson Memorial Hospital; Providing for the relief of Harry Augustin Shumow by the Public Health Trust of Miami-Dade County, d/b/a Jackson Memorial Hospital; providing for an appropriation to compensate him for injuries sustained as a result of the negligence of an employee of the Public Health Trust of Miami-Dade County; providing a limitation on the payment of compensation and attorney fees, lobbying fees, and other costs or similar expenses, etc. CLAIM: $5,000,000
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 7
• Introduced -SJ 7
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 242
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/07/22, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 345
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Policy
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 381
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/23/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/22 -SJ 484
• Read 2nd time -SJ 475
• Read 3rd time -SJ 475
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 2 -SJ 475
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/7/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 734
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-229
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.