SB 82: Relief of Kareem Hawari by the Osceola County School Board
CLAIM/LOCAL by Torres ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Book
Relief of Kareem Hawari by the Osceola County School Board; Providing for the relief of Kareem Hawari by the Osceola County School Board; providing an appropriation to Mr. Hawari to compensate him for injuries and damages sustained as a result of the negligence of employees of the Osceola County School Board; providing a limitation on compensation and the payment of attorney fees, etc. CLAIM: $3,500,000
Last Action: 2/23/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 6513 (Ch. 2022-264) -SJ 444
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Education (ED)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Education; Rules -SJ 8
• Original reference(s)- removed: Special Master on Claim Bills
• References corrected to Judiciary; Education; Rules -SJ 94
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/10/22, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 95
• Now in Education
• Introduced -SJ 8
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/25/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 218
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/03/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -SJ 337
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 443
• Substituted CS/HB 6513 -SJ 444
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 6513 (Ch. 2022-264) -SJ 444
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.