SB 1004: High School Equivalency Diplomas
GENERAL BILL by Torres ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry ; Rodriguez ; Thompson ; Osgood
High School Equivalency Diplomas; Prohibiting a district school board from requiring certain students to take a course before taking the high school equivalency examination unless the student failed to earn a passing score on a specified practice test, etc.
Last Action: 4/18/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 265 -SJ 416
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K -12 (ED)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K -12; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 03/14/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/29/23, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 416
• Substituted HB 265 -SJ 416
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 265 -SJ 416
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.