CS/SB 1278: Direct-support Organizations
Direct-support Organizations; Authorizing the Department of Children and Families to establish a direct-support organization for a specified purpose; requiring the Secretary of Children and Families to appoint a board of directors for the direct-support organization; authorizing the department to allow the direct-support organization to use, without charge, the department’s fixed property, facilities, and personnel services, subject to certain requirements; authorizing the direct-support organization to collect, expend, and provide funds for specified purposes, etc.
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/20/23, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/05/23, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/23
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 424
• Read 2nd time -SJ 433
• Amendment(s) adopted (538840) -SJ 433
• Read 3rd time -SJ 434
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Immediately certified -SJ 438
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/25/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 925
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-310
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.