CS/CS/SB 1352: Sickle Cell Disease Medications, Treatment, and Screening
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services ; Rouson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Davis
Sickle Cell Disease Medications, Treatment, and Screening; Requiring newborn and infant screening providers to notify primary care physicians of newborns and infants of certain screening results and to submit the results to the Department of Health for a specified purpose; requiring the department to contract with a certain center to establish and maintain a sickle cell registry; authorizing parents and guardians of children in the registry to request to have them removed from the registry; requiring the Agency for Health Care Administration, in consultation with certain entities, to review sickle cell disease medications, treatments, and services for Medicaid recipients and develop a written report, post the report on its website, and submit a copy of the report to the Governor, the Legislature, and certain entities by a specified date and every 2 years thereafter, etc. APPROPRIATION: $1,332,159
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/04/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services, 04/12/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 16 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/23, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services read 1st time
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 20 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/23
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 502
• Amendment(s) adopted (306086) -SJ 502
• Read 3rd time -SJ 502
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 502
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.