SB 1424: Student Outcomes
GENERAL BILL by Calatayud
Student Outcomes; Revising the responsibilities of the Just Read, Florida! Office; providing that a charter school application must include certain reading instructional strategies; providing that district school board instructional materials must include certain reading instructional strategies; revising requirements for an individualized progress monitoring plan; requiring a school district to evaluate the students at the end of each grading period for a mathematics deficiency; revising training requirements for reading coaches, classroom teachers, and school administrators to include certain instructional strategies, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7039 (Ch. 2023-108) -SJ 726
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K -12; Appropriations Committee on Education; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 03/27/23, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Education, 04/12/23, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Education; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/23, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 725
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 7039 -SJ 726
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7039 (Ch. 2023-108) -SJ 726
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.