SB 2: Relief of the Estate of Molly Parker/Department of Transportation
CLAIM/GENERAL by Hooper
Relief of the Estate of Molly Parker/Department of Transportation; Providing for the relief of the Estate of Molly Parker; providing an appropriation to compensate the estate for Ms. Parker’s death as a result of the negligence of the Department of Transportation; providing a limitation on compensation and the payment of attorney fees; providing legislative intent regarding the waiver of certain liens, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $5,950,000
Last Action: 4/28/2023 Senate - Ordered enrolled
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/23, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/12/23, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 11 NAYS 1
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/20/23, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 1
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 500
• Amendment(s) adopted (600820) -SJ 500
• Read 3rd time -SJ 500
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 500
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/28/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 6007
• Read 2nd time
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 103, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.