CS/CS/SB 202: Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Appropriations Committee on Education ; Simon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry ; Collins
Education; Revising student eligibility and ineligibility requirements for the Family Empowerment Scholarship Program; revising student eligibility and ineligibility requirements for the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program; revising the eligibility criteria and obligations of private schools participating in certain educational scholarship programs; authorizing public schools, including charter schools, to enroll certain students on a part-time basis, etc.
Last Action: 3/22/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 1 -SJ 213
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K -12 (ED)
- Appropriations Committee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education Pre-K -12; Appropriations Committee on Education; Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 02/21/23, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 9 NAYS 3
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Education, 03/08/23, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Appropriations Committee on Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 4
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/16/23, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Appropriations Committee on Education read 1st time
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 6
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/22/23
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 212
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 1 -SJ 213
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 1 -SJ 213
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.