CS/CS/SB 256: Employee Organizations Representing Public Employees
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Ingoglia
Employee Organizations Representing Public Employees; Requiring a public employee who desires to be a member of an employee organization to sign a membership authorization form beginning on a specified date; requiring an employee organization to revoke a public employee’s membership upon receipt of his or her written request for revocation; prohibiting certain employee organizations from having dues and uniform assessments deducted and collected by the employer from certain salaries; revising requirements for applications for initial registrations and renewals of registration of employee organizations; revising prohibitions for employee organizations and certain persons and entities relating to employee organizations, etc.
Last Action: 5/10/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-35
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/07/23, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 3
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 03/16/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 13 NAYS 7
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/23/23
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 231
• Amendment(s) adopted (297578) -SJ 232
• Amendment(s) failed (586438, 692892, 817316) -SJ 232
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 234
• Placed on 3rd reading -SJ 234
• Read 3rd time -SJ 259
• Amendment(s) failed (436266) -SJ 260
• Amendment(s) adopted (690590) -SJ 261
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 23 NAYS 17 -SJ 261
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/25/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 2)
• Substituted for CS/HB 1445
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 488749 Failed
• Amendment 483585 Failed
• Amendment 535379 Failed
• Amendment 613459 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• CS passed; YEAS 72, NAYS 44
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-35
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.