CS/SB 404: Public Records/Photograph or Video or Audio Recording of the Killing of a Minor/Autopsy Reports of Minors
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Perry
Public Records/Photograph or Video or Audio Recording of the Killing of a Minor/Autopsy Reports of Minors; Creating an exemption from public records requirements for a photograph or video or audio recording of the killing of a minor, with exceptions; creating the "Rex and Brody Act"; creating an exemption from public records requirements for autopsy reports of minors whose deaths were related to acts of domestic violence; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/06/23, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/15/23, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/22/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Rules read 1st time
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 363
• Amendment(s) adopted (550788) -SJ 363
• Read 3rd time -SJ 366
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 366
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 273
• Read 2nd time
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-44
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.