HB 65: Withholding Funds from the Return of Cash Bonds
GENERAL BILL by Andrade
Withholding Funds from the Return of Cash Bonds; Requires clerk of court to withhold funds from return of cash bond posted by criminal defendant or his or her spouse, rather than to withhold from return of cash bond posted on behalf of criminal defendant by person other than bail bond agent, funds for specified purposes; requires all cash bond forms to display specified notice.
Last Action: 5/5/2023 House - Died in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee
• Referred to Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to Judiciary Committee
• Now in Criminal Justice Subcommittee
• Added to Criminal Justice Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee
• Reported out of Criminal Justice Subcommittee
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Died in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.