CS/SB 7014: Juvenile Justice
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice
Juvenile Justice; Requiring that the secretary of the Department of Juvenile Justice oversee the establishment of the Florida Scholars Academy; requiring the academy to provide students with greater access to secondary and postsecondary educational opportunities; specifying that the academy is a component of the delivery of public education within Florida’s Early Learning-20 education system; requiring the department to provide early notice to school districts regarding the siting of new juvenile justice detention facilities, etc. APPROPRIATION: $12,000,000
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/13/23, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/28/23, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 343
• Amendment(s) adopted (495992, 825754) -SJ 343
• Read 3rd time -SJ 343
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-59
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.