2022 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 22, 2022. Senator Kathleen Passidomo of Naples was elected Senate President and Senator Dennis Baxley of Ocala was elected President Pro Tempore.
Now Accepting Applications for the 2023 Senate Page Program
The Senate Page Program offers students age 15 to 18 an excellent opportunity to visit the Capitol to observe and participate in the legislative process. The application deadline is November 30, 2022.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 7, 2023.
The 2022-23 General Appropriations Act
Florida’s 2022-23 balanced budget includes unprecedented K-12 funding, historic state reserves and prioritizes investments in public safety, clean water, and environmental infrastructure.
- Senate President Kathleen Passidomo Remarks as Prepared for Delivery November 22, 2022 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Kathleen Passidomo Unanimously Elected Senate President November 22, 2022 - Press Release by President's Office
- Election of the Senate Secretary (pdf) November 15, 2022 - Publication by President's Office
- Memorandum Announcing President-Designate Passidomo's Leadership Team (pdf) November 14, 2022 - Publication by President's Office
- The College of the Florida Keys (CFK) Receives $3M for Charter High School November 9, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Rodriguez