2020 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 17, 2020. Senator Wilton Simpson of Trilby was elected Senate President and Senator Aaron Bean of Fernandina Beach was elected President Pro Tempore.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
Florida’s Reemployment Assistance Program
If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance benefits, formerly known as unemployment compensation.
- Senator Burgess Files Legislation to Repeal Florida’s Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law January 15, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Brodeur Files Legislation to Increase Protections and Improve Consistency for Children in Out-of-Home Care January 12, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Wright Files Bill to Bolster Career Opportunities for Servicemembers January 12, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Wright
- The Mayfield Minute with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) January 11, 2021 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Senator Danny Burgess moves to protect Floridians' First Amendment Rights January 9, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Burgess
- The Perry Post by State Senator Keith Perry (pdf) January 8, 2021 - Publication by Senator Perry
- Ana Maria Rodriguez Elected Chair of Miami-Dade Legislative Delegation January 8, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Rodriguez
- Senate Democratic Leader Gary Farmer Seeks Criminal Investigation Into Whether President Trump Violated State Criminal Anarchy, Treason Statutes January 8, 2021 - Press Release by Minority Office